Sunday, December 18, 2011

Buses and Peanut Butter

Yesterday we decided that we needed some food and that we quite fancied going to see the new Diablo Cody/ Jason Reitman film, (Young Adult) in the evening; this meant four separate bus journeys and because of this, a COTA day ticket. Firstly, we needed to get change so that I was only paying the correct fare and not giving them a dollar more than I needed to. With my four $1 bills in hand we proceeded to wait a while for our Number 2 downtown bus to arrive. While waiting, we were treated to some (seemingly typical) terrible Ohio driving. Quite simply, in this case, one car was going slow and the car behind wasn't paying attention so drove into the back of him. There was no damage but they just hung around for a while holding up the traffic to the bemusement of all on-lookers.

There is usually a whole load of different things happening on the bus and yesterday proved no different. In chronological order, here is a rundown:

- Someone tried to sell me a Big Issue type publication and he was surprised I heard him as he said he was so quiet, so he repeated himself. I still didn't want one and he seemed to just keep talking to himself/ me.
- Two ex-soldiers tried to outdo each other with Iraq stories.
- A drunk sat in front of us (at 2pm), so drunk he seemed close to the point of passing out.
- People talked about the pirated Abba CD they are going to give for Christmas.
- Four Santas and a rudolph were off for a night on the town singing modified carols including the "F" word. The bus driver had to tell them to watch their language.
- A smile from the bus driver.... A rarity.

I never used to have much time for peanut butter, in fact I was kind of disgusted by it. Times are changing though and I kind of like the stuff now. The reason(s) for this are the Buckeye Candies you see above. They are pretty much very creamy peanut butter dipped in chocolate and they are great. More recently I have also been enjoying Hershey's Take 5 bar. These seem to have a combination of peanut butter, chocolate, caramel and pretzel; it's really very good. I'm not quite at a Reese's Peanut butter cup stage quite yet and actually spreading the stuff on a slice of toast is a long way off, but I'm opening up more peanut butter related candy avenues for exploration. Of course you'll hear more as I continue my American candy exploration...

No comments:

Post a Comment